By Henry Dunant
Read or Download A Memory of Solferino PDF
Best war & peace books
How Do I store My Honor? is a robust exploration of person ethical accountability in a time of conflict. whilst humans come to a decision that the activities in their govt have violated uncomplicated norms of ethics and justice, what are they to do? Are there levels of ethical accountability that public officers, infantrymen, and personal voters endure for unethical activities in their leaders and executive?
Utilizing a different analytical framework, the UN Secretariat's effect at the Evolution of Peacekeeping unearths deep insights within the UN's peacekeeping decision-making and exhibits that even overseas bureaucracies with restricted autonomy can form overseas politics.
This ebook examines the historical past of “the issues” in Northern eire within the 1970s-1990s and compares it with the location within the Gaza Strip. The e-book takes as its cue the tragic occasions in Gaza in July 2014, while Israel introduced Operation protecting part which begun seven weeks of bombardment of Gaza and which resulted in rocket assaults by means of the Palestinians on Israel.
This edited quantity seriously assesses rising traits in modern struggle and overseas interventionism as exemplified by means of the ‘local flip’ in counterinsurgent battle. It asks how modern counterinsurgency techniques paintings and are legitimized; what concrete results they've got inside neighborhood settings, and what the consequences are for the way we will comprehend the capability and ends of struggle and peace in our submit 11th of September international.
- God and Conflict: A Search for Peace in a Time of Crisis
- Educating for Peace in a Time of Permanent War: Are Schools Part of the Solution or the Problem? (Routledge Research in Education)
- Ethnic Conflict in Developing Societies: Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Fiji, and Suriname
- Peacebuilding in Crisis: Rethinking Paradigms and Practices of Transnational Cooperation (Routledge Global Cooperation Series)
- Peacerunner: The True Story of How an Ex-Congressman Helped End the Centuries of War in Ireland
Additional info for A Memory of Solferino