By Andy Dailey,Sarah Webb
A re-creation for Paper 2, international background subject eleven: factors and results of twentieth century wars
The well known IB degree background sequence, combining compelling narratives with educational rigor.
An authoritative and fascinating narrative, with the widest number of resources at this point, assisting scholars to increase their wisdom and analytical abilities. This moment version of entry to historical past for the IB degree: Causes, practices and results of wars provides:
- trustworthy, transparent and in-depth narrative from subject specialists
- research of the historiography surrounding key debates
- devoted examination perform with version solutions and perform questions
- TOK aid and old research inquiries to aid with all elements of the Diploma
Read or Download Access to History for the IB Diploma: Causes and effects of 20th-century wars Second Edition PDF
Similar war & peace books
How Do I keep My Honor? is a strong exploration of person ethical accountability in a time of conflict. whilst humans come to a decision that the activities in their executive have violated simple norms of ethics and justice, what are they to do? Are there levels of ethical accountability that public officers, infantrymen, and personal electorate undergo for unethical activities in their leaders and executive?
Utilizing a special analytical framework, the UN Secretariat's impression at the Evolution of Peacekeeping unearths deep insights within the UN's peacekeeping decision-making and indicates that even foreign bureaucracies with constrained autonomy can form overseas politics.
This ebook examines the historical past of “the issues” in Northern eire within the 1970s-1990s and compares it with the placement within the Gaza Strip. The publication takes as its cue the tragic occasions in Gaza in July 2014, while Israel introduced Operation protecting facet which all started seven weeks of bombardment of Gaza and which ended in rocket assaults by means of the Palestinians on Israel.
This edited quantity significantly assesses rising traits in modern conflict and overseas interventionism as exemplified by means of the ‘local flip’ in counterinsurgent conflict. It asks how modern counterinsurgency ways paintings and are legitimized; what concrete results they've got inside of neighborhood settings, and what the results are for a way we will comprehend the potential and ends of warfare and peace in our submit 9-11 international.
- Memory, Place and Identity: Commemoration and remembrance of war and conflict (Routledge Research in Culture, Space and Identity)
- How to Resolve Conflict: A Practical Mediation Manual (Peace and Security in the 21st Century)
- The Propaganda of Peace: The Role of Media and Culture in the Northern Ireland Peace Process
- Krieg in Jugoslawien - Kampf der Kulturen oder Nationenbildungsprozess? (German Edition)
- Conflict Resolution in the Twenty-first Century: Principles, Methods, and Approaches
- Peace Lessons
Extra resources for Access to History for the IB Diploma: Causes and effects of 20th-century wars Second Edition