By C.J. Shane
Topics coated are:
• how group faculties healthy into the U.S. procedure of upper education
• the benefits of beginning your American schooling at a neighborhood college
• the stairs you need to struggle through to check at an American group college
• key components to contemplate whilst identifying an American group collage comparable to move agreements
• the method of employing to and gaining front right into a group college
• the method of making use of for a U.S. visa together with required kinds
• the varieties wanted whilst arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• identifying sessions at your neighborhood university and the way to sign in for these classes
• how you can get support enhancing your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately residing in the USA, together with housing, transportation, and clinical care
• American tradition and the way to accommodate tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American group schools in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• remark through foreign scholars presently learning at American group colleges
Includes word list of phrases and index.
Read Online or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Similar college & university education books
For numerous a long time internationalisation has been a cornerstone of either eastern govt larger schooling coverage and ways to reform at an institutional point, yet Japan has nonetheless no longer controlled to lose its popularity as a a little reclusive member of the worldwide educational group. Consensus at the strength of internationalisation to reinvigorate eastern greater schooling is matched via the intensity of popularity that universities have, thus far, did not internationalise effectively.
"The pupil EQ aspect is extra proper this present day than the other time within the background of our global. Our chance to achieve the twenty first century will count greatly on our emotional intelligence in our transformation to lifelong studying and our management skill. This ebook is the aggressive side.
Matters concerning the caliber of educating and studying in better schooling have given upward push to instructor improvement courses and facilities around the globe. This booklet investigates the demanding situations and complexities of making tutorial improvement courses for current and destiny lecturers. utilizing case reviews from various nations together with Estonia, Singapore, the U.S. and the uk, it examines matters which are very important for better schooling researchers in addition to larger schooling managers.
Moving school roles in a altering panorama Ernest L. Boyer's landmark ebook Scholarship Reconsidered: Priorities of the Professoriate challenged the publish-or-perish establishment that ruled the tutorial panorama for generations. His robust and enduring argument for a brand new method of college roles and rewards maintains to play an important a part of the nationwide dialog on scholarship within the academy.
- eBook Online Access for P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Foundations of Student Success
- Becoming Right: How Campuses Shape Young Conservatives (Princeton Studies in Cultural Sociology)
- Closing the Poverty and Culture Gap: Strategies to Reach Every Student
- Trends and Issues in Action Learning Practice: Lessons from South Korea
- The Changing Academic Profession: Major Findings of a Comparative Survey: 1 (The Changing Academy – The Changing Academic Profession in International Comparative Perspective)
- The Future of Higher Education (Framing 21st Century Social Issues)
Extra resources for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide